Low sulfur graphite petroleum coke/graphite pet coke
Petroleum coke can be used in the areas of graphite, smelting and chemical industry. Low-sulfur, high-quality cooked coke, such as needle coke, is mainly used to manufacture ultra-high-power graphite electrodes and some special carbon products. In the steel-making industry, needle coke is an important material for developing new technologies for electric steelmaking.
Medium sulfur, ordinary cooked coke, used in large quantities for aluminum smelting. High sulfur and ordinary coke are used in chemical production, such as the manufacture of calcium carbide, silicon carbide, etc., as well as fuel for metal casting.
Application of Graphite Petroleum Coke
Graphite Petroleum coke is mainly used for metallurgy & foundry, it can improve the carbon content in steel-melting and casting, Also it can increase the quantity of scrap steel and reduce the quantity of pig iron, or use no scrap iron at all. It’s also can be used for brake pedal and friction material.
- High carbon : High purity 98.5-99.5%
- Low sulphur : 0.01% ~ 0.05%. Low sulphur and stable distribution can effectively reduce the adverse effect of sulphur in spheroidizing and pregnant process to the alloy, and it saves the cost.
- Low nitrogen : nitrogen content 50 PPM ~ 300 PPM(0.005%-0.03%)
- High carbon recovery: 92- 98%.
- Fast absorption speed: it’s easily dissolve in the molten iron.
- High graphite crystal nucleus and high graphitization degree: it can reduce the iron liquid contraction tendency and improve the mechanical properties of casting.
It may increase the dosage of scrap steel and reduce the demand of pig-iron or even without adding pig iron. It may well effectively avoid the heredity of pig iron to affect the casting.
- Stable carburetion, good absorption rate and distinct temperature-lifting effect: There is no return slag. It can effectively protect and lengthen the furnace life and reduce the consumption of the furnace lining.