High quality Red Meranti wood sheets.
- Color/Appearance: Typically a dark reddish or purplish brown; commonly with white resin streaks present.
- Grain/Texture: Grain can be straight or interlocked. With a coarse texture and low natural luster.
- Endgrain: Diffuse-porous; large to very large pores in no specific arrangement, few to very few; solitary and radial multiples of 2-3; tyloses occasionally present; parenchyma vasicentric, winged, and banded with embedded resin canals; narrow to medium rays, spacing normal.
- Rot Resistance: Reported as moderately-durable to non-durable in regard to decay resistance, but is susceptible to insect attack.
- Workability: Typically easy to work, though any interlocked grain can present problems during planing, and Dark Red Meranti is reported to have very poor steam-bending properties. Some species may have a slight blunting effect on tools due to small levels of silica present in the wood. Glues, stains, and finishes well.
- Odor: No characteristic odor.
- Common Uses: Interior furniture, general construction, concrete forms, veneer, and boatbuilding.
|After-sale Service||Return and Replacement|
|Place of Origin||Propinsi Sumatera Utara, Indonesia|
|Brand Name||Sawn Timber|
|Product name||Meranti Sawn Timber|
|Usage||Furnitrue, Flooring, Decking, other|
|Color||Medium red to deep red|
|Thickness||25 mm / 50 mm / 75 mm|
|Length||2200 mm / 4400 mm|
|Certificate||SVLK & PHPL|
|Volume||1 – 5 40’Container spot – 1 time|
|Transportation||Container transport by sea|